St. Margaret's House & Visitation Maternal-Child Health Center
St. Margaret’s House is a day center for women and children that provides immediate assistance in a supportive community.
● Commitment to hospitality as exemplified in the gospel
● Improvement of the lives of women and children by serving immediate needs, breaking barriers of isolation, and helping them acquire the skills necessary to improve their lives
● Empowering women to participate in the planning and decision making in this shared community
Services, Events & Programs
● Daily continental breakfast and hot lunch
● Access to showers, laundry facilities, computers, & toiletries
● Clothing closet with seasonal apparel
● Programs for personal, financial, and career development
● Art lessons and the chance to become a silk artist
● Therapy and counseling services
● Annual Winter Walk fundraiser
Visitation Maternal-Child Health Center in Nairobi, Kenya provides medical care and support to the pregnant women of the Dandora slum community in Nairobi.
● A partner of March for the Top - Africa, the center provides basic laboratory and outpatient care, staff training, maternal counseling programs, two pediatric wards, and a dental clinic.
● Maternal health is an imperative need in Dandora, where women are two times more likely to die in childbirth than in Kenya as a whole, and miscarriages, child mortality, and birth defects occur with greater frequency than in other rural areas of Kenya.